“NudIFood. Using Healthy and Sustainable Nudge to Improve University Students’ Food Choices” (Principal Investigator) – University funded project; 2021-2022.
Provide effective intervention (nudging) to be tested and used in the university canteen to promote health and sustainable diet in an online pre-ordering app/website context. Research questions are related to understanding what drives young consumers to make food choices in a university canteen, investigating whether the interventions (nudging) are effective in online, pre-ordering context to support the consumption of healthy and sustainable food products, including the magnitude of the effect if any. Moreover this project will provide evidence-based recommendations for policymakers, professionals (e.g., catering managers and staff, nutritionists, dietitians), researchers as well as staff members of the Universities.
Partners involved: University of Parma (Italy), Maastricht University (the Netherland), Cornell University (US), Technical Universität München (Germany)
- Sogari, G., Pucci, T., Caputo, V., and Van Loo, E.J. (2023). The Theory of Planned Behaviour and healthy diet: examining the mediating effect of traditional food. Food Quality and Preference 104, 104709 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2022.104709
- Pucci, T., Casprini, E., Sogari, G. and Zanni, L. (2021). Exploring the attitude towards the adoption of a sustainable diet: a cross-country comparison, British Food Journal, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-04-2021-0426
- Toti, E.; Sogari, G.; Raguzzini, A.; Massaro, L.; Peluso, I. Is Nut Consumption Related to a Sustainable Diet? A Pilot Study on Italian Male Consumers. (2021) Sustainability, 13, 12292. https://doi.org/10.3390/su132112292
- Wongprawmas, R.; Mora, C.; Pellegrini, N.; Guiné, R.P.F.; Carini, E.; Sogari, G.; Vittadini, E. (2021). Food Choice Determinants and Perceptions of a Healthy Diet among Italian Consumers. Foods, 10, 318. https://doi.org/10.3390/foods10020318
- Stelick, A., Sogari, G., Rodolfi, M., Dando, R. and Paciulli, M. (2021). Impact of sustainability and nutritional messaging on Italian consumers’ purchase intent of cereal bars made with brewery spent grains. Journal of Food Science. https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.15601
- Menozzi D., Sogari G., Mora C. (2017). Understanding and modelling vegetables consumption among young adults. LWT- Food Science and Technology, Volume 85, Part B, November 2017, Pages 327-333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2017.02.002
- Menozzi D., Sogari G., Mora C. (2015). Explaining Vegetable Consumption among Young Adults: An Application of the Theory of Planned Behaviour. Nutrients 09/2015; 7(9):7633-7650. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu7095357